2020 Lichfield 10K & Family Fun Run
Access Code Required
This event needs you to provide an access code in order to enter
THE LICHFIELD 10K AND FAMILY FUN RUN is one of the biggest and best sporting events in the area - Lichfield's version of the London marathon, attracting over 1,000 entries each year, encouraging people to take up a more active lifestyle and raise funds for many local causes. Organised by Lichfield Running Club, it has gained a reputation as one of the premier events in the Midlands.
Run under UK Athletic rules (Licence no 2020-39283)
Accurately measured 10k course (Certificate 18/114)
- Chip timing, with SMS result sent directly to your mobile phone
- All runners will receive a medal. All 10k runners will also receive a high quality souvenir technical T shirt
Prizes for the first three male/female and first male/female masters aged over 35, 45, 55, 65. First male and first female aged 15-19. First male club team (4 to count) and first female club team (3 to count). There is also a £100 prize for breaking the course records (male and female)
- Highly rated marshals
- Bag storage and plenty of toilets at the start
- Sports massages before and after you run
- Hot and cold drinks, ice creams and snacks on sale
- Free parking
- Junior Family Fun Run – bring the whole family!
- The event raises money for many local causes, such as Saxon Hill School and the Canal Trust.
10K Unaffiliated: £18.00 + £2.00 Service Fee
10K Affiliated: £16.00 + £2.00 Service Fee
Family Fun Run: £3.50 + £1.50 Service Fee
No 10k or Fun Run entries will be accepted on the day.
Closing date of entries for both races is 11th September, or when the race limit of 1200 (10k) and 350 (Fun Run) is reached.
- Please note, there are no refunds and you cannot transfer your race number to another runner.
- Race numbers and timing chips will be mailed out. Late entries must be collected from race headquarters by 10am on the day of the race. Further detailed Instructions for the day will be emailed to you once you have registered.
- For your own safety, and to adhere to the UKA Rules of Competition, please DO NOT use headphones/ MP3 players or similar audio equipment. Any runners seen wearing headphones during the race may be disqualified.
"The wearing of headphones, or similar devices, (other than those medically prescribed), is not permitted in races on any single carriageway road that is not wholly closed to traffic." 2016-2020 UKA Rules of Competition.
Age limits: For the 10k race, entrants must be 15 years of age or over on race day, proof of age may be required. There are no age limits in the fun run but all children under 9 must be accompanied by an adult, who must also have their own entry.
- The course is regrettably not suitable for wheelchairs.