Glynn Shefford Memorial Run & Sprite Sprint 2021
Please choose your event:
Glynn Shefford Memorial Run
26th September 2021 at 10:15amEntries close 24th September 2021
26th September 2021 at 9:00amEntries close 24th September 2021
Race Terms & Conditions
- Entrants are required to abide by the Race Rules and marshals’ directions. Entrants for the half marathon must be amateur, and 17 years or older on race date. The race will be held under UK Athletics rules
- Entries to the Windsor Half Marathon are personal to the applicant, entry fees are non-refundable and non-deferrable. Any runner who competes in another person's race number will be disqualified. UK Athletics rules state:
“Numbers are issued to the individual athlete completing the application form except with the specific authority of the Race Organiser. Athletes who receive transferred numbers without permission will be disqualified from the race. Both runners will be subject to disciplinary action by the appropriate National Association.”
- No refund can be given if the race has to be cancelled or postponed due to circumstances outside the race organisers’ control.
- The race organisers reserve the right to refuse or cancel applications, including duplicate applications, or alter the date of the event, the course route or distance
- The race organisers, sponsors, charities, suppliers and/or their agents will not be liable for any injury, loss or expense which may arise in consequence of your participation in this event save as to negligence
- All runners are required to complete the personal, contact and health details form on the back of their race number.
- There is a cut off time for the start – if you arrive later than 10.10am you will not be allowed to cross the start line as the Glynn Shefford Memorial Run will be getting ready to start.
- No wheeled vehicles (pram’s, buggies etc), dogs, following cycles allowed.
- Although not recommended, personal stereos, IPods & mp3 players can be used at the Windsor Half Marathon. WHM follows UKA standards and strongly advise that you DO NOT wear in ear headphones or use audio devices during the race for your own safety, especially on road sections The Windsor Half is a 2-lap course and runners need to be able to hear our marshals who will ask the main field to move over as the faster runners and accompanying vehicles overtake them at speed on their second lap. We also occasionally need to get emergency vehicles along the course too. If you really can’t run without headphones please use common sense and show a duty of care to others. However, we endorse the use of Aftershokz and similar bone conduction headphones as these provides a safe solution allowing participants to hear their surroundings as well as their music.
- Race marshals and medical team members have the authority to disqualify and remove any runner they consider to be acting dangerously, or to be unfit to compete
- Disqualified runners will be removed from the race results, banned from future Windsor Half Marathons and reported to UK Athletics.
- Team Rules – We do not require competitors to wear official club or team vests except for UK Athletics Affiliated Clubs. Team results will be based on cumulative times (not places)
- Runners are required to give assistance to fallen runners, and to report any casualties immediately to the nearest first aid post or race marshal.
- In the event of any dispute the decision of the Race Referee and Race Director shall be final
- Prize winners are only allowed to receive one prize. E.g. If a veteran runner finishes amongst the first 6 prize winners in the Open Race then he / she will not be eligible for the award in the veteran category.
- It is very important to wear your number clearly visible on the front of your running vest/t-shirt. Your number must not be altered in anyway or covered by any clothing/tri belt. Do not bend twist or fold your number.
- Runners are NOT required to register before the race.
- Check your bank statement for confirmation of acceptance
- Change of postal address, email address or telephone number(s) -If your postal address, email address or telephone number details change, then you must inform us as soon as possible by either changing your details online details of which were on your confirmation email or by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org. If this is not done, we cannot guarantee that you will receive all race communications.
- Data Protection: The Windsor Half Marathon complies with the Data Protection Act 2018 and you have the right of access to your personal records held on our computer. If you do not want your name made available to our sponsors, please tick the box on the entry form.
The moment you enter our race we start to incur administration costs and banking charges, simply in processing your entry and payment. No refund can be given if the race has to be cancelled or postponed due to circumstances outside our control, for instance by order of the government due to foot and mouth. Your entry fee is invested in the cost of staging the event, and the main costs to contractors, suppliers, administration etc are already committed well before race day.
We will of course, continue to monitor all Covid 19 announcements from the Government and RunBritain (the Sports Licensing Authority) and act accordingly. We will inform all entrants as and when any announcements are made.
I have read the Rules and regulations and agree to abide with them. I also state that I am entering this race at my own risk and the organisers shall not be liable to any personal injury before, during or after the race.